Preparing your trip to Bristol: advices & hints - things to do and to obey
1. Ferry remains one of the most convenient means of public transport in Bristol. Ferry departs from the city center. In Bristol ferries can run in accordance with a number of routes. As a rule, they make stops near all major attractions of the city. This type of transport is available from April to October.
2. Fans of excursions and walking are recommended to visit the city during the period from May to October. It starts snowing in Bristol since the beginning of November, so the weather is not convenient for long walks.
3. Banks usually open at 9:30 and work with clients until 15:30. Some agencies may be open a little longer, until 17:00 - 17:30.
4. You can withdraw cash from your card in one of numerous ATMs, which are usually located close to all banks. Before you get your cash, make sure you have clarified the amount of commission charged. The amount of commission can vary significantly in different banks.
6. You are free to pay with either your credit card or cash in shops, restaurants, gas stations and hotels. Credit cards may not be accepted in some small shops that are located far from the city center.
7. The majority of popular restaurants and bars can be found in the port area. These dining facilities are distinguished not only by a rich selection of delicious dishes, but also by very high prices. Tourists who want to save money on food should pay attention to numerous pubs of Bristol. Good budget restaurants can be also found in remote areas of the city.
Bristol is a picturesque English town that is distinguished by its fast lifestyle that stops neither on daytime nor at night. The main entertainments for tourists here remain the visiting of … Open
9. Each year Bristol hosts several major festivals, during which the entertainment program is particularly interesting. The most interesting festivals held in the city are Festival of Theatre Art and Balloon Fiesta, which are conducted in August.
10. Tourists should keep in mind that tourist groups are eligible to big discounts in many museums and theaters of the city, so visitors are recommended to visit them in a big company.
Preparing your trip to Bristol: advices & hints - things to do and to obey You can re-publish this content with mandatory attribution: direct and active hyperlink to www.orangesmile.com.
What to visit being in Bristol - unique sights
Glastonbury TorFrom the series “15 Historical Monuments, with Riddles not yet Solved”
Check on the map: Distance from Bristol center - 34.9 km.Today Glastonbury Hill is one of the main scarify places for Christians. It is still visited by a great number of pilgrims. Lots of people think that under the hill has placed a complex system of the undergrounds. It is strongly believed that there is hidden the main Christian relic – The Holy Grail. Recently the researchers succeed to deduce that the hill stepped terraces were made artificially about 2 000 years ago. Thanks to the numerous pilgrims’ stories, this place covers with mysteries day by day. One of them claim that when they come from the hill back all serious diseases leave the body. More than that, near the hill were fixed a lot of nature and physical abnormality. … Read further
Woodchester MansionFrom the series “The Most Mysterious Buildings (Houses, Palaces, Castles) in the World”
Check on the map: Distance from Bristol center - 35.2 km.From 1873 to the beginning of the Second World War, the mansion resided in ruins, and then was used by U.S. troops, mainly as a morgue. The mysterious mansion surrounded by fabulously beautiful scenery never ceases to attract tourists and researchers of paranormal phenomena. Latter have managed to collect lots of incredible facts. For example, at nightfall, visitors can often hear the music of 40s of the last century in the building. There are ghosts of militaries here, among which a pilot killed in these places during the war was identified. Researchers found the ghost monk at the chapel on the territory of the mansion. Those are just a few of Woodchester Mansion surprising mysteries. … Read further
City tours, excursions and tickets in Bristol and surroundings
Photos of Bristol
Travelling to Bristol - advices and tips. What should be provisioned in advance, the rules you might want to follow, and the things you better avoid doing in Bristol. We help you to make your trip smooth and easy, with no unexpected surprises.