Preparing your trip to Brasov: advices & hints - things to do and to obey
1. Taxi remains the most convenient type of transport for travelers. The local taxi service rates are quite low comparing to average prices in Europe. Even if the machine is equipped with a counter, it is best to negotiate the price of a ride beforehand, because some drivers might want to use ignorance of tourists.
2. The best way to exchange currency is to use special exchange offices. As a rule, they offer much more favorable rates comparing to many banks. It should be noted that the exchange offices located near the airport usually charge high fees, making exchange less profitable.
3. While going for a walk around the city, tourists should not forget to take a copy of the identity document with them. Many nightlife entertaining facilities allow entering only after a passport is presented, so the availability of documents will surely help to resolve any disputes with ease.
4. Guests are encouraged to visit Brasov in May, as during this time of year the city hosts several interesting events - Jazz Festival, Festival of Daffodils and International Exhibition of Photographs.
6. Do not forget to bargain on local markets and retail stores. Bargaining will be irrelevant, probably, in large shopping centers and supermarkets only. Tourists can even bargain with taxi drivers - sometimes it can significantly reduce the cost of a ride.
7. Power supply voltage is 220 V; hotels of the resort are equipped with standard European-style sockets. Hotel guests are provided with adapters for electrical appliances if necessary.
When choosing a hotel for a romantic stay in Brasov, pay special attention to Hotel Ambient. The hotel occupies a stylish modern building with shining panoramic windows and a spectacularly … Open
9. The local ski resorts provide a favorable system of discounts available to tourists who come on vacation with their families. Special rates are usually set on the rental of sports equipment; tourists with children can also get discounts at local ski schools and other sports centers.
10. The local wineries produce excellent drinks, which remain one of the most popular souvenirs among tourists. You will get most advantageous rates if you buy wine in stores that are located in close proximity to wineries.
Preparing your trip to Brasov: advices & hints - things to do and to obey You can re-publish this content with mandatory attribution: direct and active hyperlink to www.orangesmile.com.
What to visit being in Brasov - unique sights
Castle FagarasFrom the series “Impressive Castles and Palaces Located on Water”
Check on the map: Distance from Brasov center - 23.7 km.The old castle is also known among the gourmets who visit the castle restaurant located in the castle. It is not only the most popular dishes of the Romanian cuisine cooked according to the old recipes but also the best varieties of the local wine. The restaurant has a large wine cellar. In 2004, the castle was chosen as the shooting location for the film 'The Unhappy Kings', and is therefore also popular with the Kinofans. … Read further
City tours, excursions and tickets in Brasov and surroundings
Romania: travelling advicesThe size of a tip and the idea of tipping depend entirely on the generosity of a client as this amount is not included in the service bill.
Romanians express willingness to show hospitality by kissing guests on both cheeks.
Usually, residents of large cities have a good command of English while residents of small settlements mainly express themselves in Hungarian.
Photographing of strategic attractions such as military structures, airfields, and transport bridges are strictly prohibited. … Open
Photos of Brasov
Travelling to Brasov - advices and tips. What should be provisioned in advance, the rules you might want to follow, and the things you better avoid doing in Brasov. We help you to make your trip smooth and easy, with no unexpected surprises.