Preparing your trip to Bonn: advices & hints - things to do and to obey
1. Tourists, who expect to devote much time to excursions and walks throughout the city, are recommended to visit Bonn from May to October. At this time of year prevails the most favorable weather, so frequent rains will not affect your plans. However, you should not forget to book a room in advance in this case as during summer months the city is visited by the biggest number of tourists.
2. The city is distinguished by a well-developed public transport system. The price for bus and tram tickets is the same – a ticket for one ride costs 2.1 Euros. Travelers can also purchase a one day ticket pass, which is valid one day and costs 5.7 Euros. Tickets can be purchased in any newspaper or tobacco kiosks.
3. Bicycle remains one of the most popular means of transport in Bonn. Bikes can be conveniently rented in one of multiple offices throughout the city. Radstation is one of the most famous and popular bike rentals in the city. You will find it near the train station. Here you can rent a bike that will cost you just 7 Euros a day.
4. Travelers are free to pay with credit cards in large malls and supermarkets. If you want to make purchases in local markets, you will need a sufficient amount of cash.
6. The city is the location of one of the most famous sweets shops in the world - Haribo Factory Store. Luxury chocolate is known as one of the most popular souvenirs from Bonn.
7. Currency is better to be exchanged in banks only. Note that vast majority of banks work with visitors during the weekdays only. Numerous rental locations can work seven days a week, but they offer less favorable exchange rates comparing to banks.
9. Do not forget to negotiate the cost of a taxi ride in advance. Despite the fact that taxi services in the city are provided by several companies, their tariffs differ slightly. The cost of services can increase only at night. This concerns both taxi and public transportation.
10. Travelers who expect to save on food should pay attention to numerous pubs and bistros of the city. In addition to traditional fast food they serve numerous salads, pastries and hot drinks.
Preparing your trip to Bonn: advices & hints - things to do and to obey You can re-publish this content with mandatory attribution: direct and active hyperlink to www.orangesmile.com.
What to visit being in Bonn - unique sights
Hershtrasse in BonnFrom the series “Top 13 Most Fantastic and Colorful Streets and Quarters”
Check on the map: Distance from Bonn center - 1 km.As a general rule, cherries blossom in mid-April. That largely depends on the weather conditions. Travellers who are lucky enough to visit Bonn in that precious time have an opportunity to take pictures of the beautiful historic buildings in cherry blossom and stroll through the most romantic live tunnel in the world. There are numerous historical sights on Heerstrasse. Popular shops and restaurants are situated there, so guests could stay in this picturesque place for a few hours. It's also worth noting that the street is very popular among photographers. … Read further
Kolner RathausFrom the series “Famous Buildings of Renaissance Architecture”
Check on the map: Distance from Bonn center - 24.8 km.During the reconstruction of the basement there were found ruins of the ancient Roman buildings. Today all rebuilt elements of the historical buildings are open for everyone. Another peculiarity of the Kolner Rathaus is the musical instrument that makes wonderful melodies with the toll. It has appeared in the town hall in 1958. This construction has 45 bronze bells. A lot of people come to listen to the sound of them. … Read further
City tours, excursions and tickets in Bonn and surroundings
Photos of Bonn
Travelling to Bonn - advices and tips. What should be provisioned in advance, the rules you might want to follow, and the things you better avoid doing in Bonn. We help you to make your trip smooth and easy, with no unexpected surprises.