Preparing your trip to Bogota: advices & hints - things to do and to obey
1. Travelers are recommended to move around the city only during the daytime. The best way to explore the local attractions and places of interest is in a company of a group of tourists and only with a guide.
2. The travellers, who plan to use a taxi, should keep in mind that there are many illegal drivers in the city. The rates of private taxi drivers do not differ much comparing to the official ones, but booking an official taxi is much safer.
3. When you are in a café or a restaurant, do not accept any "gifts" in the form of drinks or snacks from strangers. You should also not leave your personal belongings unattended.
4. There are often various protests and meetings in the city. Taking part in them is highly undesirable for tourists. On the other hand, visitors are welcome to attend various meetings and rallies aimed at protecting the environment. You may even find them quite entertaining.
6. Currency should be exchanged in banks only. Under no circumstances use the exchanging services of private people. The reason for this is the fact that a huge number of counterfeit banknotes is produced in Bogota. As a rule, U.S. dollar is the most widely counterfeited currency.
7. During a walk around the city you can see a huge number of policemen. Many law enforcement officials may be present on the streets of the city wearing civilian clothes. Any violation of public order may result in a large fine.
Already visited the most important sights in Bogota and now want to see them all from a bird's eye view? Go to the Teleferico cable car, and in a matter of minutes, it will take you to the … Open
9. Do not forget to leave tips in the local restaurants and bars. The average size of tips is 10 - 15% of the total order. Taxi drivers, guides and maids at hotels will also welcome your small reward.
10. When you go shopping, you should keep in mind that rates on various goods in Bogota are among the highest ones throughout the country. The travellers, who want to save, are recommended to visit the local markets. Do not forget to bargain with sellers as in some cases this can reduce the price up to 50%.
11. The best way to learn about the cheapest shops, interesting attractions and the most dangerous districts of the city is to ask the locals. Many sellers and waiters are very talkative, and so they will answer all of your questions for a small fee.
Preparing your trip to Bogota: advices & hints - things to do and to obey You can re-publish this content with mandatory attribution: direct and active hyperlink to www.orangesmile.com.
What to visit being in Bogota - unique sights
El Hotel del SaltoFrom the series “Deserted Places Causing the Feeling of Chill”
Check on the map: Distance from Bogota center - 21.7 km.The hotel was built on the edge of a steep cliff. When the edifice was closed, the wilderness began to attract suiciders. No official statistics on suicides is collected, but, according to unofficial information, several dozen people have died there by their own hands. One of the worst legends about the abandoned hotel is related to the souls of the dead. Some travelers, when visiting the empty building, have seen strange silhouettes and heard a kind of human speech, though no one but them was in the building. If someone may be frightened by such stories, some tourists are, in contrast, attracted by them. People come here not only to see the beautiful waterfall, but also in hope to watch the ghosts. … Read further
City tours, excursions and tickets in Bogota and surroundings
Photos of Bogota
Travelling to Bogota - advices and tips. What should be provisioned in advance, the rules you might want to follow, and the things you better avoid doing in Bogota. We help you to make your trip smooth and easy, with no unexpected surprises.