Preparing your trip to Bavaria: advices & hints - things to do and to obey
1. It’s most convenient to travel around Bavaria by train; thrifty travelers are advised to buy Bayern-Ticket at the train station. It operates 24 hours and gives the right to travel by any train passing through the territory of Bavaria. A single ticket will cost about 20 euros and about 30 euros for a group of up to 5 people.
2. Bavaria is famous for its beautiful lakes; in summer, the water temperature in some of them heats to 25 degrees Celsius. Fans of beach vacations and water sports are recommended to visit Bavaria in July or August, when the weather is the warmest.
3. Travelers who expect to use public transport have to consider that tickets have to be purchased in advance. There are special machines at all bus stops, where you need to buy a ticket, as there no busmen in the bus and tram selling tickets.
4. Gourmets shouldn’t prefer elite dining places, but small family restaurants that are present in abundance in all the Bavarian towns. These are places visited by locals, where you can taste authentic national dishes.
6. Fans of excursions don’t have to call travel agents and pay for services of guides; holidaymakers always have an option to rent a car with a driver for the whole day. He would take clients to any sights of interest; many local drivers can easily replace experienced guides.
7. Those who prefer to cook meals by their own, while on holiday, should pay attention to Netto supermarkets. They have a huge selection of goods and a pleasant price policy; in addition to fresh products, you can buy good wine at most attractive prices.
Bavaria is full of amazing historical and architectural landmarks; there are many sites of global importance among them. These include the Würzburg Residenz palace. This incredibly … Open
Preparing your trip to Bavaria: advices & hints - things to do and to obey You can re-publish this content with mandatory attribution: direct and active hyperlink to www.orangesmile.com.
City tours, excursions and tickets in Bavaria and surroundings
Germany: travelling advices11. Most of the museums in Germany are closed on Mondays. However, on Tuesday and Wednesday, they wait for visitors until late in the evening.
12. Germans are very friendly and well-disposed towards travelers. They will readily tell the way or help with advice. However, it is important to follow the rules of communication. You need to address Herr to a man or Frau to a woman. Moreover, in Germany it is customary to refer to each other by surnames.
13. The Germans have a very specific sense of humor, so it's better not to joke with them. They can take jokes literally, which will lead to an awkward situation.
14. Each city of Germany has telephone booths, which tourists can use to call anywhere in the world. For convenience, telephone directories lie nearby. You can pay for the service by coins, telephone or bank cards. … Open
Photos of Bavaria
Travelling to Bavaria - advices and tips. What should be provisioned in advance, the rules you might want to follow, and the things you better avoid doing in Bavaria. We help you to make your trip smooth and easy, with no unexpected surprises.