Preparing your trip to Bali: advices & hints - things to do and to obey
1. Taxi is considered the most widespread and popular type of transportation on the island. As a rule, taxi cabs are painted in different colors that show their belonging to a particular taxi company. Rates in different companies can vary slightly, but tourists are surely recommended to discuss the cost of a ride beforehand.
2. Bemo microbuses are known as the main form of public transport. These buses can easily take you to all interesting sights of the island. The cost of travel in the microbuses should be also specified in advance.
3. In Bali you will find many special tourist buses, the routes of which pass through the most important attractions of the island.
4. Those tourists, who want to enjoy the beauty of Bali in its full, are recommended to use the services of a rickshaw at least once. Rickshaws are rarely used as a means of transport, but they have got sufficient popularity among the tourists who come to the island.
6. The tourists, who plan to save on food, are recommended to visit small cozy restaurants dedicated to the national cuisine. These dining facilities usually serve the most popular dishes from the Balinese cuisine. It is worth noting that some of these so called “Varongi” serve gourmet cuisine, but the majority of dining facilities offer nutritious and simple meals at very reasonable prices.
7. Fans of European cuisine restaurants should definitely give the local “Rumah Makan” restaurants a try. In their menus you will find all known and popular European dishes. The rates in these restaurants are a little bit higher than in the standard cafés.
9. Various figurines and items made of red, ebony and sandalwood are considered the most popular souvenirs. You can also purchase such wonderful items as products made of nacre, colorful saris, silk scarves and carnival masks that will help you to keep the memory of your trip or will become a great present.
10. When you plan to make a walk, tourists are recommended to select closed and neutral clothes. Bathing suits and revealing clothes are appropriate at the beach only.
11. Make sure you should keep a low profile and speak softly in public places. Avoiding the public display of affection and emotions is considered a sign of good manners in Bali.
Preparing your trip to Bali: advices & hints - things to do and to obey You can re-publish this content with mandatory attribution: direct and active hyperlink to www.orangesmile.com.
What to visit being in Bali - unique sights
Ubud Hanging Gardens PoolFrom the series “The Most Amazing Swimming Pools in the World”
Check on the map: Distance from Bali center - 13.7 km.The pools in all rooms are quite large and have a nice-looking natural stone finish, while relaxing the feeling of a full harmony with the surrounding nature is created. For placement the Ubud Hanging Gardens hotel offers its guests 38 individual villas with sliding panoramic windows, each villa has direct access to the landscape pool. The largest two-level pool is located in the most chic villa, it is above all other pools. In such a refined atmosphere, all who love privacy and are not indifferent to natural beauty, will like to relax here. … Read further
Pura Tanah Lot TempleFrom the series “Top 15 Most Fantastic Creations of Nature”
Check on the map: Distance from Bali center - 17.7 km.It’s great to admire the amazing temple, which was built in the 15th century, from a distance. It looks unique together with a rocky island. Tourists who want to take the sight from a closer distance, are allowed to go to a rock by a narrow isthmus. That can be done only during low tide. Only worshippers go directly to the temple and get inside. Not far from the temple of Tanah Lot there are other amazing temple complexes that attract curious travelers. … Read further
City tours, excursions and tickets in Bali and surroundings
Photos of Bali
Travelling to Bali - advices and tips. What should be provisioned in advance, the rules you might want to follow, and the things you better avoid doing in Bali. We help you to make your trip smooth and easy, with no unexpected surprises.