Preparing your trip to Antibes: advices & hints - things to do and to obey
1. The locals are very friendly and responsive people. They value good manners and treat tourists with great respect, especially those who are interested in their history and culture. So, before you start an important conversation with your business partners, you should definitely ask them the question "How are you?". Only after a proper greeting you can start discussing important issues.
2. There are quite many police officers on the streets of the city. They will gladly show the right way to some place of interest to tourists or recommend the bus route that will bring you to the right part of the city.
3. Tips are usually included in the total amount of your bill. As a rule, they make up approximately 10 - 15%. In small restaurants and cafes tips should be left after a waiter brings your change.
4. When you plan to make a walk, it is better to take a hotel card or a copy of identity card with you. The police often checks documents close to major shopping complexes and entertainment centers, so these necessary documents will surely help you to resolve any misunderstandings quickly.
6. The tourists, who travel with their pets, will certainly need to get all the necessary documents. Otherwise, travelers may be refused to check in to a hotel.
7. You shouldn’t make a walk wearing too revealing or bright outfit, as well as too bright jewelry - it will cause only bewilderment among the local residents. Holiday apparel should be also worn on special occasions only. Wearing such clothes in everyday life is considered a sign of a bad taste.
Preparing your trip to Antibes: advices & hints - things to do and to obey You can re-publish this content with mandatory attribution: direct and active hyperlink to www.orangesmile.com.
What to visit being in Antibes - unique sights
Promenade de la CroisetteFrom the series “The Most Beautiful Waterfronts and Embankments”
Check on the map: Distance from Antibes center - 8.3 km.Tourists come at the promenade to see the celebrities. They usually like to walk along the magnificent promenade. The promenade shines not only in a daytime from the sun and celebrities but also at night. When the sky gets darker, there opens a number of clubs and bars. Celebrities like to spend time in the luxurious club "Le Baoli". Palm Beach Casino is the other place where famous people like to have fun. This casino is situated at the end of the promenade. … Read further
Orthodoxe Russe Saint-Nicolas CathedralFrom the series “The Most Astonishing Orthodox Churches”
Check on the map: Distance from Antibes center - 17.4 km.A great number of interesting stories are connected with this wonderful Nice’s cathedral. One of them tells us about the transformation of Saint Nicolas icon. At one time it belonged to Russian Tsar Nikolay Alexandrovich – the son of the emperor Alexander II. Within years this reliquary had paled and the old image of Saint Nicolas got darker. In the middle of the 20th century, the icon was put on the altar. When this was made, a real miracle happened. The colours became brighter and the icon lightened. Until now there wasn’t made any restoration work on it. … Read further
Photos of Antibes
Travelling to Antibes - advices and tips. What should be provisioned in advance, the rules you might want to follow, and the things you better avoid doing in Antibes. We help you to make your trip smooth and easy, with no unexpected surprises.