Preparing your trip to Alicante: advices & hints - things to do and to obey
1. When you plan a trip to the local churches and temples, women are better to wear long skirts, and men - pants. Visitors may be rejected to enter a church if their clothes are too revealing or erotic.
2. Smoking is prohibited in public places. Violators of the rule can be punished and will have to pay large fines. However, most restaurants have special smoking areas. In hotels smoking is allowed on balconies.
3. All beaches of the city are municipal, so additional fees may be charged for the rental of sports equipment, umbrellas and sun loungers. The travellers, who expect visiting beaches every day, are recommended to buy their own umbrellas as renting them is quite expensive.
4. Do not forget to leave tips in restaurants and cafes. As a rule, their amount is 10 - 15% of the total bill. Even if the fee for service is included in the bill, you should leave a small fee to a waiter.
6. Alicante is very convenient to travel by subway and bus. The city is distinguished by a well-developed transport network that covers the entire Alicante.
7. Guests are recommended to visit the city during the festival named "Bonfires of San Juan", which is celebrated annually on June 24. On this day Alicante becomes the location of numerous interesting concerts and performances. The majority of travelers visit the city during this festival.
During a year Alicante hosts numerous interesting holidays. However, Bonfires of San Juan holiday remains the most attractive celebration for tourists. The celebrations are conducted each … Open
9. You should definitely visit the city's main attraction - Santa Barbara Fortress. The entrance to this open-air museum is absolutely free.
Preparing your trip to Alicante: advices & hints - things to do and to obey You can re-publish this content with mandatory attribution: direct and active hyperlink to www.orangesmile.com.
City tours, excursions and tickets in Alicante and surroundings
Spain: travelling advices1. There is, unfortunately, a big risk to meet with pickpockets in Spain, especially in large tourist cities. Therefore, it’s better not to carry the original documents. It's also recommended to keep money on a card, as it will be much more convenient and safer.
2. It is more convenient to move around the cities on subway. It costs less and passengers don't have to stop in traffic jams. It’s better to walk short distances, so you'd get acquainted with the architecture and features of each city.
3. If you rent a car, you should be very careful. Spaniards do not always follow the rules of the road; they are in no hurry and are quite unpredictable while driving. They often forget to turn the signal while switching lanes.
4. Spaniards are sociable people. They are not accustomed to ride in the subway or bus in silence. There are stormy discussion of news, politics or even just the weather among unfamiliar people. Tourists, who first encountered such a lively conversation, can easily enter into communication. … Open
Photos of Alicante
Travelling to Alicante - advices and tips. What should be provisioned in advance, the rules you might want to follow, and the things you better avoid doing in Alicante. We help you to make your trip smooth and easy, with no unexpected surprises.