In the village of Kolomenskoye, Moscow Region, there is the Church of the Ascension of the Lord - an incredibly beautiful religious monument of the 16th century. The founder of the temple is the Moscow prince Vasily III. With the construction of the church many beautiful legends are associated. According to one of them, the prince ordered to begin the construction of the temple after the birth of the long-awaited successor - Prince Ivan the Terrible. The church was laid in 1528. 4 years had been spent on its construction. The place of erection of the church was chosen not accidentally. It was built on a steep bank, not far from a natural key, the water from which, according to locals, was miraculous.
After the actual completion of the church in 1532, its correction and improvement continued for many more decades. One of the first large-scale reconstructions of the church took place during the reign of Catherine II, and in the 19th century, the renovation was conducted under the guidance of the famous architect Shokhin. Nowadays, the ancient church represents a huge architectural value, it is part of the Kolomenskoye museum-reserve.
The church complex is surrounded by a dense forest and includes many buildings. Travellers who visit the amazing landmark, during their tour will be told a lot of incredible stories. Thus, in March 1917, in the basement of the church, the icon of the Mother of God "Derzhavnaya" was discovered by accident. This wonderful relic has been considered irrevocably lost for many years. The religious monument is located in a very complex geological area, on the landslide coast, in the last decades all possible measures have been taken to protect it from total destruction. Next - Virgin Komi Forests
Trinity Sergius Lavra, Russia
Virgin Komi Forests, Russia
» Vnukovo Airport VKO - in 23 km
» Domodedovo Airport DME - in 31 km
» Sheremetyevo Airport SVO - in 36 km
» Migalovo Airport KLD - in 174 km
» Yaroslavl Airport IAR - in 259 km