The centre of Delft is the location of more than 600 historical places of interest. Most of them were created in the 16th and 17th centuries, and some of them appeared even earlier. The city got it name after the first artificial canal – the Old Delft. Near it visitors will find several historical buildings. Among them you will see St Barbara Cathedral of the 14th century, which used to be an asylum and now it's a students' club. St Ippolit Chapel was built at the convent of the Holy Spirit in 1400. The building of Delft Water Department was constructed it the beginning of the 16th century. It features fantastic gothic style with a lot of fabulous sculptures and blazonry. Initially, it was a residential construction, but since the 17th century the building has become the location of the Royal Council. The Prince of Savoy Arms building features beautiful front made in the Renaissance style in the 16th century. Nowadays, this is the location of Public Archival Service. Babylon Church is the location of St Agatha Chapel. After the death of Prince William of Orange, he was buried there. The building of the Dutch East India Company was created in the 17th century. In the end of the 20th century the complex was turned into the Hall of Dutch East India Company. The hotel De Mol built in the 15th century is one of the oldest buildings in Delft.
The Museum of Army.
The Armentarium was restored, and now it is used as the Museum of Army. This is the place where tourists can see Dutch armoury and other items related to military and war - weapons, pictures, paintings and many other things. The front of the building is the location of a huge relief of 17th century with the image of Mars.