The town is located in the center of Bavaria. This is one of the oldest regions of Germany that carefully keeps the traditions of ancestors and its rich historical heritage.
Liebfrauenkirche Monastery remains the main symbol of the town. This is the most large-scale and beautiful building of south Germany. Its building started in the 14th century and lasted for over 70 years. The church is made in magnificent gothic style. Maria de Victoria Church is an elegant example of Rococo style. This church is located in historical part of Ingolstadt. It was created by German architect Asam Egid Quirin. The building started in 1732 and lasted 5 years. Painted ceiling is a true decoration of this wonderful church. All paintings were made by the brother of the main architect, Cosmas Damian. Large picture showing scenes from Bible is considered a true piece of art. However, this is not the only masterpiece that decorates the halls of the church.
Old town hall built in the 16th century is also very popular among tourists. Three centuries after the building it was significantly expanded and starting from the 19th century the town hall was abandoned. Only starting from 1985 the building is used again.