To check our actual offers in Corsica, please use the orange form on the left side. Just enter the desired dates and time, pick-up location, your age and country of residence.
You may also choose a rental location in Corsica in three ways:
- enter Corsica into the left search form;
- use the interactive map below (FF or Opera);
- use the links below.
Low prices. OrangeSmile.com offers car reservation service in Corsica on the best-rate-guarantee basis, since we work with car suppliers directly. For your dates in Corsica, we select and present the best ever possible rental offers.
Our car rental process contains 3 simple steps: (1) search for available cars for your dates in Corsica; (2) select your car type; and (3) fill in the booking forms. When your booking in Corsica is completed, you will receive our confirmation voucher to your email address. Your reservation in Corsica should be confirmed by a valid credit card. During the booking process, please check your rental conditions.
To pick up your car at the rental point in Corsica, you need to provide our confirmation voucher, your driving license and a valid credit card. A credit card is necessary for a deposit. In Corsica, the deposit amount depends on the age of the driver and a type of the rented vehicle.
The final payment in Corsica is normally performed at the pick-up point. Our car hire points in Corsica accept VISA, MasterCard, etc - please check your rental conditions.
At the pick-up point in Corsica, please read the handling manual and check the car for present defects.
OrangeSmile.com wishes you a pleasant journey to Corsica!
1. Divers should remember that in any case it isn’t possible to damage the coral while diving; severe penalties and fines are collected for such violations. You shouldn’t buy any crafts from coral from local merchants on beaches. Selling them as well as buying is considered a serious crime.
2. Going for a walk through the nature reserve, it’s worth to take sunscreen and insect repellent with you. You can get burnt not only while relaxing on the beach, but also while walking around the city; annoying insects can ruin even the most interesting tour.
3. For souvenirs it’s better to go to the small street markets that exist in all towns. Lots of interesting trade stands and souvenir shops are located close to major beaches; prices there are much more attractive than in large shopping centers.
4. You have to have a sufficient amount of cash, when going to the market, so it’s better to stock up notes of small face value. It is necessary to bargain in markets and private retail stores, as it certainly will reduce the price of an item and would be taken as an honor to local traditions. In large shopping centers, restaurants and petrol stations credit cards of all known international standards are accepted.
5. One of the main values for locals is their native language. They don’t take foreign languages seriously. Even if they are fluent in other languages, locals speak them as rare as hen’s teeth. Vacationers are advised to bring along the dictionary and learn several phrases in the local language.
6. Car rentals are available in all major cities; daily rental price for an economy class car is about 70 US dollars. Drivers should carefully observe traffic rules, violation of which would also carry substantial fines. It is prohibited to carry children under 12 years old on the front seat of the car.
7. In restaurants and cafes it is customary to leave a tip, which is 5 - 10% of the total order. In luxurious hotels the service charge may be included in the bill; in this case there would be a ‘service compis’ mark. It is also appropriate to leave a tip for taxi drivers and maids in a hotel.
8. It’s better to pay for goods and services only with local currency; any other is accepted with great reluctance and at unfavorable exchange rate. The most profitable exchange rates are offered by local banks; exchange offices have less favorable rates.
Read further: Murcia city guide
This article about Corsica is written by the orangesmile.com editorial team and is protected by the copyright law. The article can only be re-used with a direct link to www.orangesmile.com